Product Engineering, Re-engineering and Sustenance
The growing demand for transformative products has resulted in increased competition between industries. Organizations are constantly challenged to create innovative products with evolving technologies, optimized costs and shorter delivery cycles.
Mindteck's expertise in product engineering is a result of its rich heritage. Formed by the amalgamation of companies strong in hardware design, system software development and application development, Mindteck has not only retained those strengths but also developed them for over 20 years. Our long-standing client relationships with leading companies the world over is testament to our strong track record of success in providing product development services.
Mindteck offers end-to-end product engineering services. Our expertise includes product conceptualization, feasibility study, prototyping, hardware design, firmware design, system software and application development, system integration, quality assurance, packaging, environment testing and certifications.
We delight our customers through the quality of our work and the value-add that we provide at every stage.
- Customers can focus on their core activities trusting Mindteck to take care of their outsourced activities completely.
We have good domain knowledge from years of experience.
- We have the right competencies and can help you create the right products with the right designs. We have the capabilities to provide end-to-end solutions, beginning with requirement analysis, feasibility study, prototyping and ending with packaging and certifications.
- We provide a warranty period during which time Mindteck provides updates and fixes defects, if any.
- Our product sustenance services are based on clearly defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- The Intellectual Property (IP) is entirely owned by the client
- We focus on establishing long-term relationships and have the track record to prove it
Mindteck can help you with:
- New Product Engineering: Building a product/solution right from inception. This entails end-to-end product development. Along with using the best technologies available, Mindteck also employs Scrum/Agile methodology to ensure product specifications are met.
- Product Maintenance: Taking care of periodic updates and enhancements to the product/solution from the onset. We also support the end users of the customer through multi-tiered support organizations.
- Product Re-engineering: Ensuring products are designed in a manner that they can be scaled up/updated to meet the market demands and remain in competition.
- Product Obsolescence Management: Hardware components become obsolete every few years. This necessitates re-design using components currently available in the market. Mindteck, with its partnerships with leading semiconductor companies, is uniquely positioned to re-design with components which are not likely to become obsolete in the near feature.
The Product Engineering Team at Mindteck focuses on three areas:
- Electronic Design Services
- Wireless and Smart Energy
- Data Storage
In the product life cycle, products tend to become obsolete. This is especially true with embedded systems. Component obsolescence is something to be planned in advance as production of systems can be adversely affected due to the non-availability of components. At Mindteck, we help our customers to address challenges such as component obsolescence, enabling the customer?s products/solutions to be more efficient. We also help organizations to re-architect their product/solution using current technologies, which results in efficient products/solutions with extended product life cycle. Mindteck considers product/solution scalability and flexibility as key design objectives while re-engineering. We also help in extending the product/solution to new areas so as to address a larger market segment.
- Mindteck undertakes your end-t-end re-engineering needs while you focus on other product introductions.
- We will help you re-engineer products/solutions so that they are future ready. Mindteck?s alliances with the semiconductor market leaders ensures that chosen components have long product life spans.
- New UI technologies are introduced during re-engineering, make the product/solution more user friendly and appealing.
A sample success story
Re-engineering of Turbo Machinery Control System
The client is a US based technology company which has been leading the industry in turbo machinery controls for more than 35 years. They have customized solutions for clients in industries that include oil and gas. Mindteck has been a one-stop solution providing end tend integrated solutions. Mindteck took up the total ownership of reengineering their solution involving hardware, firmware and system software.
Some of the salient features of the re-engineered solution are:
- Dual Modular redundant hot-swappable system implementation
- Design and Development of Electronics, firmware and mechanical
- Active backplane on EtherCAT supporting 6 types and 9x2 PCBAs
- Modular architecture convenience for redundant and critical applications
- On-Board Peripherals support
- NAND Flash, SDRAM
- Hi Speed uSD Card
- EtherCAT, Ethernet ports
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Green Hills u-velOSity Real-Time Microkernel
- Customizations of device drivers and BSP
- Application Development using CODESYS software suite
- Industrial Design and Prototyping
- Thermal analysis, FMEA, MTBF
- Pre-compliance tests for CE/FCC
- Compliant to ATEX Certified
- IEC : II 3G Ex n IIC (Hydrogen) T3
- NEC : Class I Division 2 T3
At Mindteck we believe in sustainable products/solutions and take care of product maintenance and solutions for our customers. Mindteck takes total ownership of providing fixes and periodic patch releases for its products/solutions. These include minor enhancements. We also sets up multi-tiered support organizations to interact with our customers catering to all geographies. Mindteck has Service Level Agreements (SLA?s) with its customers and reports its performance on a regular basis.
Mindteck can independently or with the collaboration of the technical teams of the client, take up major enhancements of the product/solution which would help extend the life of the product/solution in the market. We also cater to the varied requirements of the customers.
- The onus of maintenance of existing products/solutions would be entirely taken care of by Mindteck while allowing the customer to focus on other core activities and product initiatives.
- We ensure better customer satisfaction through clearly defined Service Level Agreements to the end customer